If you are looking for an awesome hobby to occupy your time, wood crafts are an awesome idea. You an build awesome stuff for very cheap and with not much effort. Here are some awesome simple wood crafts you can do at home!
If you are planning on renovating your basement, you should consider going for a minimalist approach. An awesome minimalist basement is great because it doesn’t need much organization or renovations afterwards. Here are some awesome minimalist basement ideas for you!
Illumination can change the feel of every space, including the interior of your car, you can make your car a nice place to commute for yourself. Lighting in company of good sound can make a traffic jam feel like a concert. Here are some awesome ideas for you to change the interior of your car!
If you are currently looking forward to remodeling your kitchen. Here are some awesome pictures for your inspiration!
A great idea to decorate the exterior of your home, is to illuminate the exterior with some beautiful Door Lights. This is specially true for rustic homes and farmhouses, you can get an awesome look to your home, making it more comfortable and homely. Here are some ideas for Door Lights at home!
If you have a rustic home, having vintage furniture is an awesome contribution to the style. If you choose properly the color and style of your wardrobes, you can have a beautiful rustic space. Here are some Beautiful Vintage Wardrobe Ideas you can do at home!
The kitchen is one of the most important parts of the home, keeping the kitchen clean is also one of the most important tasks at home. That’s why having a good kitchen back-splash is very important. A good kitchen back-splash avoids things to fall behind the counters and it helps keeping clean your furniture. Here are some awesome farmhouse kitchen ideas for your home!
If you’ve been looking for some blue and red party themes then you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find lots of blue and red themed party ideas for adults and kids – there’s something here for everyone. These blue and red themes are great for birthdays and any other special occasion or celebration event.
A blue and red party theme doesn’t have to be hard to style, you’ll find lots of blue and red party decorations ideas here to make it a fun yet easy party to theme. Read on for some super fun blue party ideas that you can prepare quickly and have your party turn out great with minimal effort.
A well manicured yard helps to frame your home and prefaces the interior and family inside, providing an great sense of welcome. A well thought out and organised yard design and landscaping should compliment the natural terrain of the land and enhance the general theme of the home. When designing your yard landscaping, it is best to consider the amount of work and effort you are willing to invest into it to maintain the surroundings.
Modern address sign for yard
The best way to approach the front yard address sign, is this: It needs to be easy to find, yet, not draw too much attention. Too much attention in your sign means little attention in the other important elements of the front yard, for example, the actual house. The most convenient spot to get your address sign is right on the front of the house, next to the mailbox, if you want, also over the door, where the mailman can easily find it.
Modern yard with modern backyard pool
The key to make your pool look the best is simple. Clean it regularly. Not talking once every two weeks, at least once a week is right. Leafs can appear in your pool and your water can turn green in days, this is usually because of the dust and leaves from neighbor trees. Another option is to cover your pool when it’s not being used, there is a range of covers, made of cloth or made of wood.
Try to adapt your landscaping to your pool, add chairs, some outdoor tables, sun umbrellas or else, so that you can enjoy the proper time sunbathing if you want to.
Modern plants for yard
When selecting plants for a modern garden keep the concept of simplicity in mind. The first rule to remember is that modern gardens should have a simplified plant palette – stick mainly to shades and hues of green.
An occasional container with a colorful plant is a nice touch, but be sure to limit this. The second rule to follow is that plants should be planted in straight lines. This will add to the sense of order within the garden. The third rule is that plants should be grouped in odd numbers, preferably threes or fives.
If you want to do a mass planting of one type of plant try planting them in a grid pattern.
Modern backyard fence
Wrought iron or horizontally slatted, geometric or latticed, your modern fence is the final point of punctuation on your home. Accented by your property’s flora and greenery or standing alone in its own right, the perfect fence both blends and stands apart–no easy feat for sure, but miraculously achieved in the modern embrace.
Your worked hard to secure your habitat, and deserve to mark your boundaries in both style and strength. Appearances aren’t always deceiving; sometimes what is splendid to behold is just as impenetrable. These top 60 best modern fence ideas are proof that beauty is a force to be reckoned with, and an irresistible one at that.
Starting a garden is one of the most rewarding things one can do. Whether you’re planting fragrant florals or starting a vegetable garden, anyone can benefit from getting their hands a little dirty. But it can be difficult to know where to start. Our steps ease you into gardening and reward you for your efforts with beautiful visuals, delicious flavors, and colorful blooms.
How to design an outdoor garden
- Consider your options: You want to make sure you are prepared to take care of whatever you will plant. Research, get informed and prepare for the plants you want to plant. You just can’t go buy the first thing you find, make sure you are buying plants that are adequate to the environment, the weather, the space, and also what you would want to produce.
2. Choose what you’ll plant: It depents really on what would you like to produce on your garden. Choose if you want a farming garden, maybe you want to produce your own food. Or maybe your thing is planting mint, or peppermint, perfect for cocktails and natural candies. Maybe you want the pleasing smell and the beauty of flowers. Whatever it is, make a list of what all the flowers you want, and research the proper manteinance and manipulation of each one.
How to build an outdoor garden
3. Clean the ground: Get rid of the sod covering the area you plan to plant. The more fertile and friable the soil, the better your vegetables will grow. The same holds true for other plants. Invariably, residential soil needs a boost, especially in new construction where the topsoil may have been stripped away.
Your soil may be excessively wet, poor and infertile, or too acidic or alkaline. The solution is often simple: Add organic matter. Add a 2- to 3-inch layer of compost, decayed leaves, dry grass clippings, or old manure to the soil when you dig or till a new bed. If you decide not to dig or are working with an established bed, leave the organic matter on the surface where it will eventually rot into humus. Earthworms will do most of the work of mixing humus in with the subsoil.
4. Plant Your Picks: An easy method for starting your garden is to buy young plants, called set plants or transplants. Dig holes in your prepared bed based on tag instructions. Remove plants from the container by pushing up from the bottom. If the roots have grown into a big ball (a condition known as being root-bound), use a fork or your fingers to untangle some outer roots before setting it into the hole. Pat soil into place around the roots, then soak the soil with water.
5. Keep it up: Your garden is beginning to grow. Help it reach its full potential by keeping up with garden chores. Water the plants. Pull weeds before they get big. Get ridd of dead, dying, and diseased vegetation. Banish destructive insects by picking them off the plant and dropping them into a bucket of sudsy water (e.g., tomato hornworms), hosing them off, or spraying on an insecticidal soap purchased at a garden center.
How to install outdoor garden lights
Remember to switch off the mains power at the consumer unit.
Before starting any electrical work, stay safe – get yourself a socket tester (or voltage tester for lighting circuits). They confirm whether circuits are dead and safe to work on. Check all finished work with a socket tester (or voltage tester for lighting circuits) before using.
For your safety, these products must be installed in accordance with local Building Regulations. If in any doubt, or where required by the law, consult a competent person who is registered with an electrical certification scheme.
There are three types of outdoor lighting:
- Low-voltage landscape lights operate at 12 volts, are safe to work with, energy efficient and easy to install and move. To install this type of system, simply follow the instructions that come with your kit. LED landscape lights also fall into this category.
- Solar landscape lights require no wiring and must be installed in full sun to provide illumination at night.
- Line-voltage lighting operates at 120 volts, the same voltage as the appliances in your home. Installing these fixtures outdoors requires the use of conduit to protect the wires and an electrical junction box, often included with a fixture, which must be hardwired into your electrical system.
If you want to install solar-powered lighting, make sure your layour gives enought solar light to the panels, so that all of them light strongly
- Using a tape measure and a string or chalk line, create a layout line along the pathway. Be sure your line is no more than 6 inches from the edge of the path.
- Mark the location of each light fixture along the layout line with landscape paint.
- For each light, remove the cover tag over the solar battery, then put the top of the light back together, if necessary.
- Assemble the lights according to instructions. Usually, this requires placing the light top into the support and then attaching the ground stake to the bottom of the support.
- Expose the solar lights to full sun for 12 to 14 hours before starting installation. This will allow the battery to fully charge and uncover any lights that may be defective before you install them.